Given a plastic model, how do you make a mold?
If there is only one plastic model, there are several processes that need to be done to make the mold:
1. You need to take your model to copy, that is, the so-called 3D scanning, scan the shape of the product into a 3D document, generally stored in xt, igs, stp and other formats, these formats use commonly used 3D software, For example, UG, PROE, and SOLIDWORKS can be opened. After copying the number, check whether the size in the 3D image file is consistent with your model. Generally, there will be small errors within the acceptable tolerance range.
2. After getting the 3D image file, start to do product analysis, mainly analyze the structure of the product, whether it can be demoulded smoothly when the mold is opened, whether there is a reverse buckle, whether the draft is sufficient, and where the rubber opening is opened, it is made into a cold flow. The road is still a hot runner. After confirming that this 3D map will not be changed, use a 3D map to transfer a 2D file to make a product map. The dimensions of each key part and tolerances must be marked. After the mold is opened, after the product is made, the measurement report is based on the 2D image file to confirm whether the size of the product and the original model match.
3. After the previous steps, now draw 2D mold structure diagram, the structure diagram will clearly show the overall structure of the mold, the mold structure diagram can be completed in 3D. According to 2D, the 3D parting is carried out. After the 3D parting is completed, the parts are disassembled into pieces one by one, and the 3D drawing is converted into a 2D drawing and distributed to the workshop as a molder. The 3D image file should be sent to the CNC machining department, where the CNC programmer will program the mold core and the mold opening program into the CNC machining center.
4. According to the received drawings, the master of the mold shop began to process the mold blank, drilling water, thimble holes, and screw holes. Molds are generally bought standard, and LKM is the most commonly used.
5. After all the processing is completed, all the components will be assembled. After the assembly is completed, the flying mold should be checked to see if the mold joints are well matched. If the joints are not in place, repairs are needed. The machine is tested, the first test is called T1, the second T2, and so on. The general test will be OK after 3 times. Unless the mold structure is very complicated or it is too bad, it will be tried many times. If there are any unqualified places, the improvement will be reviewed and the repair will be repeated.
6. After the test mode is OK, the mold will pass.
The steps from the plastic model to the mold are just that.